Get rid of (information for) lazy people

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Mon Sep 16 02:33:55 PDT 2002

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 14:25:43 -0600 Rob Park <rbpark at ualberta.ca> wrote:

> Notice that I didn't start with LFS; if I had, I would have been totally
> confused by all the strange commands that I wouldn't have known about --
> like "tar", or "ls".

Exactly. And (unfortunately) as LFS is now you would still have been able
to complete an LFS build. You would have picked up some things along the
way just as someone vacationing in a foreign country picks up some words.
But your knowledge would have been lacking and when faced with a problem
you would possibly haved asked questions that should not be asked in a
forum for advanced Linux users (which lfs-support is supposed to be). This
would not have been your fault, but the LFS book's.
This is why I think we need to change the LFS book.

MSB

--
I am Pentium of Borg. Precision is futile.
Prepare to be approximated!

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org