Improve the LFS book for everyone

David Ayers fogey at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 16 06:32:54 PDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:32:56 +0200
Matthias Benkmann <matthias at winterdrache.de> wrote:

<snip>

> But let's get back to the point (which is NOT laziness or other aspects
> of human behaviour; I apologize for picking such an inappropriate
> subject line). I suggested that we should start the book with pointers
> to the
>
> Software-Building-HOWTO
>
> and the
>
> Linux Users' Guide
>

> MSB

<snip>

If I may inject yet another two-cents worth, I think Matthias is right-on
here. Although I personally don't object to seeing the basic stuff in the
book, I would much rather see early references to what is prerequisite
knowledge needed to make LFS a pleasant and educational experience. (Well,
educational anyway.)

Question: Has anyone compiled a list of online information sources in
addition to the above that would be good pastures for a newb to graze in?

To my eyes, the LFS book and approach is unique in the Linux world and has
its own well-defined niche. May it continue to grow. You guys are the
greatest!

Dave

--
David C. Ayers