[lfs-dev] Re: small typos

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Mon Sep 16 09:26:18 PDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Greg Schafer wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 07:49:08AM -0600, Silas Reign wrote:
> > I was having quite a few issues with the --enable-kernel options (added
> > <snip>
>
> Hmm, gcc failures are usually hardware related. Random package segfaults also
> smell like hardware probs. The --enable-kernel option does indeed enable some
> advanced hardware features (eg: LDT's) so it is possible this may have
> triggered the failures you saw.

Question: is it possible there is interactiob with kernel config? My
thinking is if advanced hardware options are enabled and the kernel config
has either the wrong CPU setting (for the particular platform) or a valid
CPU setting (for the platform) but the needed enabled hardware options are
*not* available...

> <snip>

> Greg

Bill Maltby