Get rid of (information for) lazy people

ken_i_m ken_i_m at hotSPAMmailCATCHER.com
Mon Sep 16 15:10:39 PDT 2002

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 04:26:02 -0600, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> *snip*

I see you have not mellowed any, Matthias. And I am glad you are not
running the show. I had been using Linux for a bit before lfs but I just
was not getting a real handle on it.  I sure as heck did not know
everything I needed to know when I started.  But had I known all that
there would not have been much point to going through the process of
building an lfs system.

I recall having quite a bit of trouble figuring out how to use patch.  I
don't know why now.  It just wasn't working for me. With some hand holding
from members of the lfs community I got it to work.  And thanks in part to
lfs I have gone on to other things that would not have been possible
without the understanding of the Linux operating system I now have.

Anyway, from where you sit I might have appeared lazy.  No one, who knows
me personally, has ever called me lazy.  I work 16+ hours a day, seven days
a week.  But I do a wide variety of things.  Which means I don't always have
time to sit down and immerse myself the way I did twenty years ago as a
student.

--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer,