Get rid of (information for) lazy people

Hilary parity_net at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 17 00:36:46 PDT 2002

I thought i would add my 5c in this particular commentry, I am a fully qualified motor technition ( I have run my own race team as well as develop and build cars).

 I appreciate your    points on learning about cars before learning to drive them,  however I would like to point out that it takes three to five YEARS to learn the stuff about cars and I know that it takes about the same time (with work commitments etc) to learn any new thing or OS,

a point I would like to make is that it is rediculous to expect every USER to know the  insides of how a vehicle runs , brakes or accellerates ,
     thats what professional people like myself are for,     yet I show none of the snobbery that I have seen on this LFS thread in the last two days.

I have come to respect the people who take the time to teach others about what they already know, to have the pleasure of knowing that they have somehow contributed ( as was told to me when I first became interested in UNIX/LINUX) was reason enough to participate, just as I WOULD when a customer took the time to ask me how thier car worked, it was the pleasure of SHARING KNOWLEDGE that is important, not self importance, right?

People are getting to grips with a "new fangled" (its just and expression I do know that this stuff has been around for as long as I've been a mechanic) and sometimes 'confusingly illogical' system like UNIX/LINUX  I have always found it easier to understand when I think of it as just another language ( I speak Four)  and that the 'grammar' is different in every language , just like cars, ie french cars have everything 'backwards' to what the german cars do, the Japanese cars are all upside down, these design 'feature's reflect the designers culture, just as LINUX does, so be a little humble when you realise that you are the ones to help the new generation become better people and I take my hat off to those who can teach with wisdom and humility for they will save humanity.

Spread the Linux word be patient and the world will follow in your footsteps.

Hilary