Get rid of (information for) lazy people

Rui Ferreira ruifmferreira at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 17 08:21:57 PDT 2002

>From: Justin Hibbits <jrh29 at po.cwru.edu>
>To: lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org
>Subject: Re: Get rid of (information for) lazy people
>Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 08:38:11 -0400
>
>Quick question:  Do you think someone who just saw a car should get a car
>kit
>and build one from scratch?  After all, that's what the analogy is when you
>compare it to LFS.  Building a LFS system is like going to all the auto
>parts
>stores, getting the parts, getting the chassis and body, and then building
>car from those parts.  We expect that you actually know what the car is
>doing,

Yes.
The Lfs book is a kit that has both instructions and the parts. With the
current book you don't need to go to the auto parts stores because there is
a package with them all.
To assemble the car you don't need to know how to drive.
A car mecanic may even be able to assemble an airplane if he had both the
parts and the instrutions. That doesn't make him a pilot.

Just my 1.9999 eurocent answer.