Get rid of (information for) lazy people

ivo van doorn ivd at euronet.nl
Wed Sep 18 07:56:58 PDT 2002

My time to enter this conversation! :)

I think you are right.
Newbies are going automaticly for a newsgroup with the name support,
when a newbie newsgroup is missing.
So If you want that soupport is only for advanced questions their must
be a group for beginners.

Answers do not necesarily have to be given as complete as possible, so
no full explanations, but you can just point the people on how to use
the man or infopages, where they can look for information,
or when they have compiler problems, don't say what command is needed to
make it work, but point them to a place where the answer is already
given, possibly with a complete explanation on how the problem arises.

This will make the newbies to search for information themselves, but
they too learn. (they learn that manpages excist and how to use them for
example.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org