Part I of the book out of date

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Wed Sep 18 12:51:24 PDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 11:59:19AM -0700, Timothy Bauscher wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 12:13:05PM +0200, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> > I a similar vein, why is $LFS/usr/src assumed as the download and build
> > area? This directory is created in chapter 6. It's part of the target LFS
> > tree and if you create it at the beginning you get an error message in
> > chapter 6. $LFS/static/src or $LFS/static/usr/src would be a better
> > choice.
>
> What about the linux-2.4.19 directory, which is widely
> assumed to live in /usr/src?

By the time you unpack the kernel tarball, the $LFS directory structure
is made. It's just that the Chapter 5 stuff should be in
$LFS/static/usr/src for simplicity sake as $LFS/usr/src doesn't exist.
If it did exist, then we would need another command just to chown it in
chroot.

--
Archaic

--
When all government ...in little as in great things... shall be drawn to
Washington as the center of all power; it will render powerless the

- Thomas Jefferson, 1821

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org