Postponing LFS-4 release for one day

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Wed Sep 18 15:57:27 PDT 2002

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> Sorry folks, but after having given it some thought I can't really release the
> book as-is without doing a little bit of testing with regards to these
> symlink changes. I'm hoping some people can test LFS-CVS over the next 24
> hours (I know Jesse said he'll do a test build in the morning) so when I come
> back home tomorrow from work there'll be some reports on how the new
> instructions work.
> <snip>

Hope you are not flat on your back!

Anyway, FYI. Completed a cvs 20020914 install today, sent some reports.
This used LFS 3.3 cvs 20020521 as a host. Relatively trouble-free.

Will start another with the latest cvs tomorrow and "zoom in" a bit.

BTW, I had upped my mem from 128 to 256MB on that IBM6x86-II. This run
then required +2.3 hours to do the install as compared to the LFS cvs
considering /static is new, gcc-3.2 and so on?

> Gerard Beekmans
> www.linuxfromscratch.org

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com