Get rid of (information for) lazy people

Wim Villerius wim.villerius at hccnet.nl
Thu Sep 19 02:44:59 PDT 2002

i wont start the discussion about ``what are lazy people'' again, but i
just wonder what could/should be considered as ``information for lazy
people''

imo is a section about ``where to store the source''  not necessarely
beyond the scope of the LFS-book (but i like the best of both worlds,
so, a few words about and a few url's)

(eventually, these sections have 2 pt smaller font LOL)

i wonder what actually should be the \emph{educational value} of the book
(exept eventually those sections). is it advanced stuff only? (i think
Gerard should make that decision)

e.g. myself - always a bad example ;) - i still have some troubles finding
the good guide - and good girl, but that's something else, and sould be
considered off topic - so some url's/suggestions are welcome (no _i_ am
not asking for)

there are many guides 'n howto's. too bad, much of them are too bad. (i
think it would be handy to write a howto ``how to find the good how-to''
:D)
at least providing enough 'pulp' to educate relative new-be's, and - if
exists - additional 'expert' information.

the idea is somewhat vague, but maybe... a 'two-layered' book (or even
triple layered)
just the book, as is, without (much) information
a 'n00b'layer with all kind of nice stuff
and an 'advacend' layer, containing in dept information
(should i know how :P maybe fonttype/size, backgroundcolor, indents)

so far my thoughts,

it's up to you now :D

wim