Disabling fixincludes (was Re: Installing GCC-3.2 problem.)

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Thu Sep 19 19:10:48 PDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 03:57:46PM -0500, Kelledin wrote:
> The best thing to do would be to patch gcc so that it doesn't run
> fixincludes.  This "fixincludes" thing is getting to be a real
> hassle, and the more I think about it, the more I think it was a
> bad idea from the start.
>
> I'll check out how to turn off fixincludes as soon as I get some
> free time.  That should be later tonight...

Hey Kelledin, did you ever figure out a clean way on how to handle
this? My tests so far have been unfruitful.

It appears the internal gcc include directory contains a mix of internal
gcc headers (VERY necessary) and the fixed headers. In other words, one
cannot just do away with the contents of that dir as things just don't
work afterwards.

I played around with the variables mentioned by Tush in both the configure
acript and in the Makefile and either gcc wouldn't build or it was
non-functional afterwards ie: it wouldn't build other stuff.

The issue has come up again on the support list.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org