i18n / nls support optional?

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Sep 20 19:13:04 PDT 2002

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 06:43:36PM -0600, Jeremy Herbison wrote:
> The nls support is semi-implied during the build of LFS, since we by default
> install all the locales and gettext, and dont do any --disable-nls in
> chapter 6. I am interested in doing an install without any i18n support at
> all to reduce bloat, and I think a lot of book readers would as well.
> 2) Skipped the gettext install

<..>

Erika Pacholleck has written some very detailed information on this. You
can find it at:

http://home.arcor.de/pacholleck/pub/lfs/i18n/index.htm

> Again, i think this should be discussed in the opening chapters with these
> simple tips, hence the post to LFS-dev.

I would prefer a link to the information in the book as it is beyond the
scope of the book.

--
Archaic

--
The real point of audits is to instill fear, not to extract revenue; the
IRS aims at winning through intimidation and (thereby) getting maximum

- Paul Strassel, former IRS Headquarters Agent Wall St. Journal 1980

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org