Fun with glibc-2.3

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sun Sep 22 14:44:29 PDT 2002

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 05:33:50PM +0200, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:34:14 +1000 Greg Schafer <gschafer at zip.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> > open("/static/compat/libnsl.so.1", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file
>
> What about this one? Why didn't you copy libnsl.so.1 to /static/compat,
> too?

Yeah, tried that too.. still no dice. There is something whacky going on
here which I don't yet fully understand.

Andreas Jaeger suggested:-
 - build glibc-2.3 on host and install into a non-standard prefix
 - build static bash and link against that glibc-2.3
 - install that bash binary into the chroot

I don't like that solution at all :(

My solution at this point is to just move libnss_files* and libnss_compat*
out of the way (temporarily), but this feels like a dirty hack and may
have some unwanted side effects.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org