Space saver: mount --bind mention in the book?

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Mon Sep 23 05:59:20 PDT 2002

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Timothy Bauscher wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 10:14:10PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> <snip mount --bind>
>
> > This suggestion sounds perfect for a hint to me.
>
> Agreed. Bill, would you be so kind? A reference to the hint
> would be added to the book.

I was afraid of this. Not the work, but the "out-of-hand" thinking that it
is most appropriate as a hint. If you all have no objections, I would like
to offer some considerations as to why I believe it appropriate for
inclusion in the book and let it receive some critical analysis.

I would then be willing to generate whatever is decided.

Sound OK? I'll wait an hour or two and if I "hear" no "Nay" votes, I'll
offer a few arguments for direct inclusion.

Of course, we could shorten the whole process if y'all would just Think
Right (TM), like I do.   ;)

> timothy(at)linuxfromscratch.org

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com