subscription quiz

Nathan Ladd nathanladd at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 23 16:33:26 PDT 2002

Matthias Benkmann wrote:

> Here's another idea how to reduce redundancy on lfs-support:
>
> 1. Remove all references to the direct subscribe/unsubscribe commands from
> web site and book
>
> 2. provide a web form for subscription that is tied to a quiz with
> questions like this (that must all be answered correctly):

That would really suck to have to take a quiz to get help--I remember the
days of being a total linux n00b and going to the so-called help channels
on the major irc networks and be made fun of by elitist jerks (who I could
probably out-'l33t' now thanks to lfs :-) ).  Sure I was probably asking
redundant questions--thats what n00bs do.  Our goal should not be to hinder
them but to try and get them to do their homework.  Course you could also
say that the kinds of n00bs hanging around have no business with lfs--n00bs
deserve support for mandrake, but not for basic linux questions when theyre
trying to build lfs.

If there were a quiz, how bout a question on RPM package management? (thats
for the folks on #ircbot ;)

--
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple
that we couldn't.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org