Bug#: 415 -- binutils segmentation fault (chroot)

Tobias Roppelt Tobias.Roppelt at t-online.de
Thu Sep 26 11:03:48 PDT 2002

Hi Mike,

this is what I get when no LANG_env variable is set:

# ../binutils-2.13/configure

Configuring for a i686-pc-linux-gnu host.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Without any reorder, just by setting the env variable:

# export LANG=de_DE

# ../binutils-2.13/configure

Configuring for a i686-pc-linux-gnu host.
Created "Makefile" in /usr/src/binutils-build using "mt-frag"
Configuring intl...
creating cache ../config.cache

[snip]

everything works fine.

Did you try to 'export LANG=en_US'?
Sorry, I am insisting 'cause this is the first thing binutils configure script
is checking for ... Okay, maybe I'm wrong, but it works, at least for me.

--tobias

Michael Kollmann schreibt:

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org