Disabling fixincludes (was Re: Installing GCC-3.2 problem.)

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Sat Sep 28 12:07:21 PDT 2002

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> On September 19, 2002 08:10 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
>> The issue has come up again on the support list.
>
> I don't have the time to read all the emails from the support list right
> now (totally about 900 oustanding, will take way too much time to sort it
> out). Could somebody summarize the problem that came up?

This problem came up with a distribution call KNOPPIX ??

The chapter 5 gcc runs fixincluded on the above distributiond headers

The fixed stdio.h in /usr/lib/gcc-lib/.../.../..../includes/stdio.h
breaks the chapter 6 installation of chapter 6

You cannot just delete the "fixed" headers, as gcc is very clever and puts
other stuff there

You must just delete
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/..../.../..../includes/stdio.h

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org