Get rid of (information for) lazy people

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 28 13:21:03 PDT 2002

On September 15, 2002 04:25 am, Matthias Benkmann wrote:

Nice thread you started off there Matthias.

A long time ago I've stated myself that I'm not happy what the LFS book as-is
turned into. Slowly extra tidbits of info slipped in which seemed like good
ideas at the time. But now the accumulated result is a very dumbed down book
and I agree with most of you people that some things should just be removed.
We are not trying to write a book within a book. There are better resources
that teach you how to do certain things (like the mentioned linux user's
guide and the sotware building howto).

I'm all for reverting the lfs-book back to its intended state: a guide for
intermediate to advanced Linux users.

And it seems the time has arived to start working on this transformation
(after lfs-4 of course, there's no way to do it properly in a short time).

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org