glibc-2.3 in a week or two.

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 28 13:36:14 PDT 2002

On September 19, 2002 01:18 pm, Lee Hancock wrote:
> Maybe put lfs-4.0 on ice

Two weeks becomes two months easily when it comes to GNU deadlines. We have
done a _lot_ of testing of the current GCC and Glibc versions and I feel very
comfortable with them. They perform very nicely, and I rather not upgrade to
another new set of Glibc and GCC and have to do all this testing again.
That's better saved for the future. LFS-4 is supposed to be a stable release.
Better to use known stable software.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org