copying assembler headers

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 28 14:26:44 PDT 2002

On September 25, 2002 12:04 pm, Alex Groenewoud wrote:
> Instead of a slash after asm, I think I prefer the -H option:
>
> cp -HR include/asm /usr/include &&
>
> Works for me.

Seems to be working just fine actually. I'll add it to Bugzilla. I can't quite
remember why we didn't end up using it. Either there was a drawback (may have
to do with possible older cp versions, but that's not an issue anymore so we
should re-investigate this) or maybe a simple case of nobody remembering
there is such a thing as following command line symlinks.

> (Sorry for broken thread.  Am on digest.)

We'll forgive you.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org