In-depth chapter06 - grammar.

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 28 14:35:27 PDT 2002

On September 26, 2002 10:43 am, Bill Maltby LFS Related wrote:
> I don't know how you guys keep your sanity. Between the different *rules*
> you see from ripped text, styles, concious and unconcious violations of
> rules by all concerned, I don't see how anybody manages to remember how
> things are *supposed* to be done in *any* particular style or set of
> rules.

I keep my sanity by not worrying too much about it. When there is more than
one person writing in the same document, it's unavoidable to get mixes of
writing style.

The only way to fix it nicely is by one person doing a major re-write and
rewrite all the current info in his/her own style so it all look concise as
if written by one and the same person. I'm ok with doing just that but you
can see how much time is spent on that. I don't really consider it a high
priority.

Maybe we'll be better of with a style guide so no matter who writes blurbs,
they all look similar.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org