New LFS-4.0 release schedule

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 28 15:06:29 PDT 2002

Here we go _again_

Hopefully this time it'll actually work out allright.

4 oustanding bugs I want to have fixed so I'll be working on them: bugs 416,
417, 420 and 423 (you can check bugzilla yourself to see what they are
about).

They are all minor ones so it shouldn't take more than a few minutes each to
get them done. I'll start on it in a minute but I won't finish it tonight
unless a miracle happens.

As soon as the 4 bugs are fixed I'll release LFS-4.0-RC1, put it up on the
website as a version listing, and so on. I'm in need to redo my personal
system so I'll be using that RC1 to do a full build of my workstation. You
can be assured I'll do a thorough job at looking at the installation (I'm
very picky and anal when it comes down to my production systems). I estimate
about a week to get RC1 tested. I don't think we need more than a  week
because we've been testing for a very long time as it is. These 4 fixes that
I'll be making are very minor, except that fix to GCC to stop running the
fixincludes on the host distribution's files. It may have some unexpected
side effects.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org