Bogus install-info for e2fsprogs-1.27

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sat Sep 28 15:41:37 PDT 2002

Apologies if I've not kept up with the changes, but the latest version of
the book that I've got here has the following at the end of installing
e2fsprogs, and I don't remember seeing it discussed.

install-info /usr/share/info/libext2fs.info /usr/share/info/dir

together with an explanation of it.

I've just installed this package manually (going for a minimalist
approach, instead of my normal scripted build) and `make install-libs'
has the following as its last action

/bin/rm -rf /usr/info/libext2fs.info*
../../e2fsprogs-1.27/mkinstalldirs /usr/info
for i in libext2fs.info* ; do \
	/bin/install -c -m 644 $i /usr/info/$i ; \
done
gzip -9 /usr/info/libext2fs.info*

This means that running install-info as an added command is
unnecessary. (Note to self - you can run gzip -9 on info files *after*
they've been installed).

Ken

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org