Man sed replaced with patch, added nofixincludes GCC patch

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 28 17:12:37 PDT 2002

I opted for creating a seperate patch to fix that fixincludes script
execution. We'd want that script to run in Chapter 06, so the patch that we
use in both chapters couldn't be used.

Then again, I've been thinking a bit about that fixincludes.

Say GCC finds X headers and it fixes them so they can be used. What if you
install X after GCC (as most if not all people do naturally), you have
original X headers that should be fixed. Does this mean we should keep that
fixincludes script handy and run it every time we install header files from a
package? It never made sense to run it that one time you install GCC and
never again. Maybe I'm missing the point of the fixincludes script and does
something different than I think it does.

So, since I'm not sure I've created a seperate patch. Maybe we can integrate
it in the existing patch without penalty?

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org