LFS-4.0-RC1 is out

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 29 00:03:29 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 12:18:32AM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Subject says it all, right?

Wow.. 6 months, long ride, eh? :)

This release has taken alot longer then originally planned, and even
though there's been plenty of bumps along the way, we have finally
arrived, yay!

Id like to mention a few ppl that deserve a little extra for this
release.. so in no particular order;

Timothy Bauscher - For doing an excellent job maintaining the book while
everyone else was otherwise unavailable.  For always being patient with
me and listening to any and all advice I was able to give to him so that
he could better do his job.  For always getting things done, in a
reasonable time, as I request them or report them-gotta love that.

Greg Schafer - For his contributions to the gcc/glibc/binutils sections
of the book.  His research and knowledge of those three packages-and how
they interact still amazes me.  He's helped us along the way, migrate to
the bleeding-edge, without loosing all (that much ;) blood.  It's just
nice to know, someone takes the time todo what Greg has been doing.

Matthias S. Benkmann - For writting the hint upon what the lfs-book's
/static implementation is based upon.  I know you spent quite a bit of
time working it.  This... was the last issue that really annoyed me
about the build process we use.  Id just like to say, thank you as
you deserve a little more credit then you are generally given =)

And, I wont even bother to try and list everyone that *should* be here.
    (I just felt that these three deserve a little bit of
     praising and encouragement for their effort :)

However, you know how you are, so hence I salute you.  Same goes for
everyone on this list, that has helped in one way or another to make
this possible.

And as always... Gerard even though you haven't had a hole lot of time
to work on this release-and I know you had wished you had more time to
spend on it, I still thank you for every second you did put in, it counts
just as much.

It's great to have you back, and I look forward to (hopefully :) seeing
you even more.  This is certainly a great way to get things rolling
again!

And even though this isn't the final 4.0 release... I still think
everyone should go out and have a little fun =)

Anyways, anyways...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org