gcc patch broken

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sun Sep 29 15:01:55 PDT 2002

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 12:53:25PM -0700, Timothy Bauscher wrote:
> "patching file gcc/Makefile.in
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 2153.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file gcc/Makefile.in.rej"
>
> The GCC-3.2-nofixincludes patch isn't applying cleanly. So,
> it's been replaced with a sed command (which I think is more
> appropriate anyway).

Someone (about Gerard's size methinks :-) accidentally mangled the patch by
replacing the tabs with spaces.

Life would be simpler if the decision could be made to disable fixincludes for
both Chapters. We then only need to maintain one gcc patch.

Like I said earlier, if this decision is made, then pls integrate the patch
at:-

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2002/09/0547.html

as it makes things a bit cleaner.

Greg