gcc patch broken

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 29 16:12:43 PDT 2002

On September 29, 2002 04:59 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
> Ahh, oops! Sorry 'bout that! It makes sense. Somebody else's mailer would
> be the culprit.

Hehe just trying to shift blame to somebody else

btw patch fixed, and reinstated in CVS.

> Agreed. It's bloody confusing. But at least a few people on this list have
> publically stated they don't run with the fixed headers and haven't
> experienced any major problems (me included).

Including me. The biggest issue I have with it, and I'll repeat what I said
yesterday:

I know GCC fixes the X headers, but I never have X installed before I install
GCC (on a normal system installation that is). So, the X headers for example
will always be "broken" or "non-compliant" or whatever-the-heck is wrong with
them but no package has shown compile problems because of it.

The only thing that is stopping me from disabling it is that I don't fully
understand the use of it. I couldn't in all conscience disable it without
knowing all the ramifications (if any).

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org