Space saver: mount --bind mention in the book?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 30 13:52:38 PDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 10:01:47PM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> Um the seperation is 100%. if you write to the bound directory, you
> write to the OLD partition.
>
> nothing from the old partition ever touches the new one.

My point is that you now require the old partition for use with your LFS
installation. Every bit of LFS philosophy I have within me doesn't agree
with it. We want to do everything on our own new partition without
depending/using anything of the host distribution whenever possible. If
there is a choice between storing tarballs on the Redhat partition or on
the new LFS partition, I will always choose the latter.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org