Space saver: mount --bind mention in the book?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 30 15:42:39 PDT 2002

On September 30, 2002 04:26 pm, Rui Ferreira wrote:
> If you make only one partition to host all your new system and the first
> thing you put in there is all your sources, even if later on you move them
> from /static to /usr/src, they don't really move.
> So, instead of having binaries in your first blocks, you'll have sources.
> It doesn't look pretty.

Am I the only one who understands me? I'm not talking where on a partition the
sources are stored. I couldn't care less if they are in the first blocks or
the last ones. I'm talking about on _which_ partition they are stored.

I'm talking about storing the tarballs on your host distribution's tarball and
mount --bind'ing them to your LFS partition so as to save some space on the
LFS partition.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org