Perl compile error - not yet resolved

dagmar at speakeasy.net dagmar at speakeasy.net
Mon Sep 30 19:36:42 PDT 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I just encountered a problem getting Perl to compile. I haven't resolved it
> yet, still looking into it but I've hit a wall at the moment. Maybe somebody
> has a clue:
>
> root:/usr/src/perl-5.8.0# make
> `sh  cflags "optimize='-O2'" pp_sys.o`  pp_sys.c
>           CCCMD =  cc -DPERL_CORE -c -fno-strict-aliasing -I/opt/local/include
> -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O2 -Wall
> cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory "/usr/local/include"
> cc1: warning:   as it is the same as non-system directory "/opt/local/include"
> cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory "/usr/include"
> cc1: warning:   as it is the same as non-system directory "/opt/local/include"
> pp_sys.c: In function `Perl_pp_sysread':
> pp_sys.c:1610: incompatible type for argument 5 of `recvfrom'
> pp_sys.c: In function `Perl_pp_send':
> pp_sys.c:1876: incompatible type for argument 5 of `sendto'
> pp_sys.c: In function `Perl_pp_bind':
> pp_sys.c:2404: incompatible type for argument 2 of `bind'
> pp_sys.c: In function `Perl_pp_connect':
> pp_sys.c:2442: incompatible type for argument 2 of `connect'
> pp_sys.c: In function `Perl_pp_accept':
> pp_sys.c:2509: incompatible type for argument 2 of `accept'
> pp_sys.c: In function `Perl_pp_getpeername':
> pp_sys.c:2689: incompatible type for argument 2 of `getsockname'
> pp_sys.c:2693: incompatible type for argument 2 of `getpeername'
> make: *** [pp_sys.o] Error 1

Offhand I'd say you broke either your compiler or glibc, more likely the
latter since that's where those functions come from.

I'd suggest going back and rebuilding glibc, and this time follow the
instructions that come with either LFS or glibc itself _to the letter_
particularly with respect to _not_ messing around with forcing any
optimizations of any kind upon it.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org