Perl compile error - not yet resolved

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 30 21:14:37 PDT 2002

On September 30, 2002 09:49 pm, Nathan Ladd wrote:
> LOL--I was wondering about that post.  Giving Gerard support seemed a bit
> odd to me...well a lot odd.

Hey, there's a first time for everything as they say (not sure who 'they' is
though...). Yes I realize it's most likely the optimizations having killed
Glibc. But that doesn't satisfy me. I'm actually trying to figure out what
exactly broke it so we can fix it, or remember when it comes up again with
somebody else. I was hoping somebody else had the same problem (searching the
mail.lists resulted in one similar case on the blfs-support list, but all the
solution was, was to turn off optimization. Not a lot I can do with) so I
could speed things up by not having to test for certain things.

Either way I'm on my 8th or so build of Glibc. Let's hope I'll find out soon
now. These Glibc installs are getting a bit tedious by now.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org