Perl compile error - not yet resolved

Kelledin kelledin at skarpsey.dyndns.org
Mon Sep 30 22:20:54 PDT 2002

On Monday 30 September 2002 11:41 pm, you wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 10:38:49PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans
wrote:
> > Very strange. Time to dig deeper in the system.
>
> I'll just keep posting updates as I go. I haven't a real clue
> what I'm doing here. All those errors I posted before all come
> down to the same piece of code: incompatible type for argument
> x of <function>
>
> Argument x in all those functions is: (struct sockaddr *)
>
> What's sockaddr? Is it Glibc to start with?

sockaddr is a "socket address" structure--it defines the basic
properties of a socket, like what family it is (network or
local), what the socket's name is (if local), what it's address
is (if network), etc. etc.  It's defined in
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/socket.h

This makes me think your kernel includes are broken?

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org