CVS-2003-02-19

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Apr 1 13:51:41 PST 2003

On April 1, 2003 01:05 pm, Christophe Devine wrote:
> Considering the evolving nature of LFS, did you envisage the fact that
> people may not buy the printed book, but simply use the latest version
> from linuxfromscratch.org instead ?

Yes that'll probably happen in most cases. But there are quite a few people I
know of who would want to buy the book. If nothing else, just to support the
LFS project. It gets the word out more, gives us a more professional look now
that there are real books being printed. And it supports me financially which
has a direct bearing on the amount of time I can spend on LFS and other
associated costs.

The printed book will still be available online so you can go ahead and still
download it. However if you were to print it out and get it nicely spiral
bounded or bounded some other way, it's probably a lot cheaper to just buy
the book rather than doing it yourself.

In the end we'll just see how it turns out. If there isn't enough interest
then at least we gave it a try and it won't happen again for a long time. If
there is enough interest and it turns out to be profitable then there will be
future book releases (but things will be done differently then, it won't be
done how it was done this time with all those delays and stuff. I've learned
a thing or two from the process) and generally good for LFS. So show your
support and buy a book! ;o)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org