glibc-2.3.2 make check error in ch6

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Tue Apr 1 14:15:00 PST 2003

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Seth W.Klein wrote:

> Tushar Teredesai <tushar at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> > Maurizio Felici wrote:
> >
> > >I'm building my new LFS system following the pure_lfs.txt hint. It
> > >fails with the following error during "make check" of glibc-2.3.2 in
> > >ch6:
> >
> > Shouldn't pure_lfs support questions be on the support list? I remember
> > it came up some time back, don't remember what the consensus was.
>
> At the time, i think the concensus was, "not yet", since many of the
> errors were actual bugs. That time has probably passed, though.

All I recall seeing was a request to not post support questions on
lfs-dev from Timothy and my ok, I won;t do it again, with a couple
intermediate post arriving at that point. Then everyone else just kept
doing what they had been doing.

As to "actual bugs", the latest 2.2.4 "test harness" scripts nicely
break the LFS scripts that exist by removing symlinks to achieve more
FHS compliance. Is this a "actual bug" or a "feature".

My answer is my scripts that implement both the LFS production and CVS
books will not work without investigation/modification of the existing
scripts.

So, now, where should a poor nOOb go for help? Thank heavens I can
handle these.

FHS -> /dev/null for now.

--
Bill Maltby