LFS Website

Seth W.Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Tue Apr 1 16:17:57 PST 2003

> On April 1, 2003 02:13 pm, you wrote:
>
> > Any web designer would be ashamed of the code, but it is there. Thank
>
> Bad code yes. In my defense I didn't design it, I just maintain code that was
> given to me by OSWD (open source website development - see link at the bottom
> of the page).

What i meant was, "Get a <input type="submit" value="Search"> instead
of the JavaScript which is benefiting you nothing at the cost of
considerable portability (given your audience) and fix the header
so it wraps properly." But i wasn't making an issue of it. You have
more important things to do for LFS....

> A new site is needed because the current setup just doesnt'
> allow for adding external links in a nice way without getting things
> cluttered. And I've grown bored of the site, so something new will come.
> Hopefully soon. I'm not a website designer so I'll send out a "plea for help"
> and see what people can whip up.

LFS might be big enough to net a decent quality permanent web designer
if you let it be known that you were looking for someone. There's a
reason i mention it....

> > you. One down, one to go: the link to Ken's page. Please add that.
>
> I've updated the link "lfs books" in the download section instead of adding a
> new menu item. This'll do just fine for now.

So the "Read CVS" link goes to an out of date copy but the "Download
Book" link goes to current CVS. I think there must be a way that's less
likely to confuse, but it's your call.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org