Coreutils-5.0 (Index of ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/coreutils/)

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Apr 5 10:00:23 PST 2003

Jim Gifford wrote:

>Ok do you have a set of build instructions for this??

I put all binaries in /bin, saves the hassle of moving things around. I
also use the attached patch to prevent installation of binaries I don't
want (groups, hostname, kill, su, uptime) and the corresponding man pages.

    patch -Np1 -i ../coreutils-5.0-remove-unneeded-prgs.patch &&
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --bindir=/bin &&
    make &&
    make install &&
    mv /bin/chroot /usr/sbin/ &&
    ln -sf test /bin/[

PS: Also cross-posting to lfs-dev in case Gerard feels that the patch
should go into the book.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/