Bug updates

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat Apr 5 17:45:22 PST 2003

Hi

I reported some recent bugs to upstream and here is the status of each:-

 * ncurses-5.3.etip.patch

   - http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-ncurses/2003-03/msg00025.html

     The patch has been integrated basically as is, so the patch we are
     currently using is correct and will be part of next ncurses release.

 * gcc-3.2.2.mmap_test.patch

   - I reported this as gcc GNATS PR 10284. You can view the details at:-
     http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl

   - Zack Weinberg responded to me privately saying:-

     "This is clearly a glibc bug, and you should take that up with them.
     However, the problem autoconf test is excessively clever and breaks a
     lot on platforms that don't *really* pose a problem to ggc-page.c.
     It is trying to detect a brokenness peculiar to Cygwin's fake mmap
     (Windows does not provide an appropriate primitive, at least not as
     part of its documented API).  I will rip it out in favor of a
     system-name blacklist.

     I doubt I can get a change pushed into 3.2.3, though."

   - therefore I believe the best course of action is just keep on using the
     current patch.  Hopefully gcc-3.3 will have the test ripped out and
     then we won't need to worry.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org