Bug updates

James Iwanek chthon at chthon-uk.com
Sat Apr 5 18:12:23 PST 2003

Greg Schafer wrote:

> Hi
>
> I reported some recent bugs to upstream and here is the status of each:-
>
>  * ncurses-5.3.etip.patch
>
>    - http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-ncurses/2003-03/msg00025.html
>
>      The patch has been integrated basically as is, so the patch we are
>      currently using is correct and will be part of next ncurses release.
>
>  * gcc-3.2.2.mmap_test.patch
>
>    - I reported this as gcc GNATS PR 10284. You can view the details at:-
>      http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl
>
>    - Zack Weinberg responded to me privately saying:-
>
>      "This is clearly a glibc bug, and you should take that up with them.
>      However, the problem autoconf test is excessively clever and breaks a
>      lot on platforms that don't *really* pose a problem to ggc-page.c.
>      It is trying to detect a brokenness peculiar to Cygwin's fake mmap
>      (Windows does not provide an appropriate primitive, at least not as
>      part of its documented API).  I will rip it out in favor of a
>      system-name blacklist.
>
>      I doubt I can get a change pushed into 3.2.3, though."
>
>    - therefore I believe the best course of action is just keep on using
>    the
>      current patch.  Hopefully gcc-3.3 will have the test ripped out and
>      then we won't need to worry.
>
> Greg

zack had this to say on the report:

    Working on a fix.  (Thanks for the attempt to patch it,
    but I think this test is just too fragile to live; I plan
    to rip it out and substitute a system blacklist.)

greg, could you whip up another patch to just rip out the test so we will be
inline with the gcc peops?

--
Jay
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org