pure-lfs notes ...

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat Apr 5 19:05:20 PST 2003

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 07:58:48PM +0300, tchiwam wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 	I know I am not here a lot but some food for tought ...
>
> gcc has some warnings about libiconv not being there ?

Are you talking about during the configure run? If so, what is your point?
There are a zillion warnings for other things not found.

> In my cross compiler suites I always add gdb, any idea if we should put it
> around ? maybe a separate hint.

PLFS is not true cross compiling so I don't think it is appropriate here.
But an interesting thought tho' :)

> BTW stage1 can be xcompiled, I now need to redo the whole shebang in a
> less artistic fashion, compare config logs with yours (if possible) then
> pure lfs would have a independent proof =)

I don't believe comparing config logs proves much at all. Comparing the
actual binary files installed is what matters. If differences exist, then
comparing the config logs can assist in diagnosing the problems.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org