Pure LFS hint v.1.0: About gcc-2.95.3

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat Apr 5 19:59:49 PST 2003

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 09:20:16PM +0500, Vladimir Ogay wrote:
> In my humble opinion, gcc-2.95.3 needs to be compiled twice (at the
> least) for build a fully "self-contained" and "self-hosting" gcc.
>
> What do you think about it?

I don't think it necessary.

If you want to check for yourself, adapt the method I outlined in the link
below:-

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2003/03/0129.html

If the installed bytes end up being identical then why bother? I haven't
done the test for the scenario you mention but I'd be willing to bet that a
2nd compile will achieve nothing.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org