LFS with coreutils package?

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk
Sun Apr 6 11:16:40 PDT 2003

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 18:09:50 +0000 (UTC)
pkoistin at cs.stadia.fi (Petri Koistinen) wrote:

> Hi!
>
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/textutils/README-package-renamed-to-coreutils
> files says:
>
> **
> As of 2002-09-01, the GNU fileutils, textutils, and sh-utils
> packages have been merged into one, called the GNU coreutils.
> See http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/ for a description.

> I ask now will this change be accepted by LFS book soon?

Should go into the latest CVS once the printed book is done - if you can't
wait that long check out the Pure LFS (PLFS) stuff in the archives.

> (Please CC me, I am not on the list.)

Oh come on, this is a mailing list - that's how things work we inform
the list not individuals.  I've CC'd you but only coz I'm in a generous
mood :) Generally "post here, read here".

Regards,

Matt.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org