Printed book status

Seth W.Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Sun Apr 6 20:50:25 PDT 2003

Matthew Burgess <ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 22:39:08 +0000 (UTC)
> gerard at linuxfromscratch.org (Gerard Beekmans) wrote:
> >
> > It contains the lfs-packages tarball (well unpacked tarball) to go with
> > the book and some extra bigger packages that take most people days to
> > download: KDE, XFree86, OpenOffice, Gtk+, Mozilla. My boss is also
> > working on putting all of TLDP on it (all their HOWTOs, guides and so
> > forth).
>
> Gerard, would it be appropriate to put the LFS FAQ on the CD as well (or
> even in the book itself) - I'm envisaging a whole new influx of
> newbies bombarding the *-support lists once the copies are snapped up :)

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#why-not-faq

Marc Heerdink may have said it best in a post to lfs-dev:

    The problem is that the FAQ is a dynamic document. The FAQ for
    a book release is released only after the book version itself,
    because the FAQ is updated to reflect the Qs asked about the
    current version of the book. A link is better, since you'll
    always have the most up-to-date answers handy.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org