Listar (Re: Formal notice)

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Apr 6 22:50:19 PDT 2003

Yo,

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 01:44:08PM +0800, Steve Bougerolle wrote:
> Yes.  I (and I think Ian) just got caught by this again: listar changed the
> "reply-to" address in the message back to lfs-dev, whereas I am sure Ian set
> it to lfs-chat when he posted.  I saw this happen to one of my messages and
> deliberately went back to my "sent" box to make sure I'd set it up right.
>
> Now I'll do it again just to make trebly sure.  I'll leave this in lfs-dev but
> direct replies to lfs-chat.  Watch the headers.
>
> Please fix this.  It is really counter-productive...

Uh, no.  This is called a 'feature'.  The header for the reply-to field
gets set to the list on which it was sent from.  No _poster_ has the
ability to change this.  If you sent an e-mail to lfs-dev, the reply-to will
be to that list.  If you send an e-mail to lfs-dev and lfs-chat, *both*
lists will get two seperate e-mails with different reply-to fields that
match their names.  It's as simple as that.

Listar does have numerous bugs and glitches, but the above is normal
functuality for a mailing list.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org