lfs-book version not clear

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk
Mon Apr 7 13:49:04 PDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 22:31:04 +0200
"Wührer Robert" <robert.wuehrer at utanet.at> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i am new at lfs.
> i had a question to the lfs-book and it version:
> - v4.0: downloadable at lfs-homepage
> - version 2003-02-19 (v4.? or so?) only download over cvs - no mirrows
> --> are the dead?
> - now version 4.1 (cdrom) at some sites, but not about lfs and the
> mirrows...
> me questions at newby:
> 1. is the lfs homepage dead?
> 2. wy are all the mirrows server still (no more update) since nov. 2002?
> 3. wy the lfs-books in such different version 4.0, cvs, 20030219, 4.1
> CD,...

The LFS server has been touring Canada with Gerard over the last few
months :)  In its current location the available ISP's aren't able
to offer a cheap enough deal to provide the necessary bandwidth needed for
LFS.  Because of this continuous state of flux then some services
(including mirroring) are unavailable at the moment.  You can use 'wget'
to download the latest CVS book off of the web in HTML format and then you
can visit each of the packages respective home pages/official download
locations to get them.

As you've admitted you're a newbie to LFS can I take this opportunity to
point you to http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/ and
http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org in advance - there's a wealth of
knowledge in there should you have any immediate problems.

Hope this helps,

Matt.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org