lfs-book version not clear

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk
Mon Apr 7 14:48:17 PDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 23:41:49 +0200
"Wührer Robert" <robert.wuehrer at utanet.at> wrote:

> Hello Matt,
>

> > snipp...
>

> thank you for the answer. i read the faq and the archive.
> i also found a cdrom image from cris lingard with all the
> package from a version 4.1 pre1 CD (CD means it the CD of the book?)

Ah, I see where you're coming from now!  Chris' CD is independent of the
LFS project (i.e. not directly supported by LFS developers although much
appreciated by many) and hence isn't anything to do with the book either
(I don't think). Its called a "pre" CD simply because it's been released
before the official (online) 4.1 version.

> but i found not the version 4.1 on the lfs-server. only the
> version 20030219. i am not wright is 20030219 or the 4.1pre the
> newest version - on the lfs-homepage is a link to the 4.1 printed
> version?

The 4.0 version is the latest stable version available on-line.  The 4.1
printed book is available to order now although I'm not sure how (or if)
it differs from the online 4.0 version in terms of content.

> --> now it is not very important.
> i work with the 20030219 lfs-book, an build the cap.#5.
> it found it very nice to make my own linux dist.....
> i work since 1995 with suse linux here in austria, now it is time to
> change...

Hopefully this has cleared things up for you a bit, good luck with the
rest of the build!

Matt.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org