lfs-book version not clear

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 14:49:53 PDT 2003

Wührer Robert wrote:

> Hello Matt,
>

>> snipp...
>>

> thank you for the answer. i read the faq and the archive.
> i also found a cdrom image from cris lingard with all the
> package from a version 4.1 pre1 CD (CD means it the CD of the book?)

No,  the CD just means that it is on a CD.  I put the packages on a
bootable CD that would make an LFS similar to cvs.  It is called
pre1 because it was released before 4.1.

> but i found not the version 4.1 on the lfs-server. only the
> version 20030219. i am not wright is 20030219 or the 4.1pre the
> newest version - on the lfs-homepage is a link to the 4.1 printed
> version?

The cvs version is 4.1, it has been frozen for some time. This
version, and the printed book will be released soon.

> --> now it is not very important.
> i work with the 20030219 lfs-book, an build the cap.#5.
> it found it very nice to make my own linux dist.....
> i work since 1995 with suse linux here in austria, now it is time to
> change...

Great,  Enjoy

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org