Listar (Re: Formal notice)

Seth W.Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Mon Apr 7 14:58:04 PDT 2003

> On April 7, 2003 07:14 am, Seth W.Klein wrote:
> >
> > Please "fix" this "feature" :)
>
> [....]
>
> I'd like to "state for the record" as it were that I'm fully aware of all the
> bad things about header munging but I choose to do so nevertheless.
>
> If nothing else I absolutely do not look forward getting duplicate emails
> [...]

On the other hand, people like me actually prefer getting the off-list
duplicate of direct replies. I wish you would use a script that deletes
duplicates. I know others do this since such scripts are available on
the net. If you did so, i would get the duplicats i like, everyone would
be able to use the reply-to header to move discussions that have become
off-topic, and you wouldn't see duplicates. Everyone would be happy.

> And there's the fact that people will make mistakes and replies go privately
> instead of to the list and the author and reply-ee might not even notice
> this. The rest of the 'world' sits waiting for a response that'll never come.

I understand what you're saying but i am on other lists that don't munge
the reply-to header and there doesn't seem to be a problem.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org