the move to custom xml

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 7 19:42:17 PDT 2003

On April 7, 2003 08:20 pm, Frank Gore wrote:
> end of February or so. Mostly it was issues with generating a printed book
> using the existing DocBook XML.

Mostly yes. It boils down to this:

To get decent PDF and PS files you need to process from latex source (or tex
but I prefer latex myself). All currently existing tools that automatically
convert Docbook XML to latex don't produce high enough of a quality. They
produce something half-decent for sure, but not the quality I accept to put
into a real book and charge people x amount of dollars for.

So we were looking into converting docbok to latex our own way with our own
stylesheets that convert to a latex format that I aprove off.  Instead of
using a docbook stylesheet we'd use our own stylesheet to get the job done.
The exact implementations are still up in the air and we'll be settling on
something soon now.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org