Listar (Re: Formal notice)

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Tue Apr 8 11:33:27 PDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 17:58:04 -0400 Seth W.Klein <sk at sethwklein.net> wrote:

> On the other hand, people like me actually prefer getting the off-list
> duplicate of direct replies. I wish you would use a script that deletes
> duplicates.

What about people who use in-client SMTP directly?
What about people who use web interfaces?

*sigh* Why is everybody repeating the same stupid shit.
There is ONE and ONLY ONE correct solution to this issue and it does NOT
involve forcing users to change mail clients or infrastructure:

reply-to munging must be user-configurable, just as digest mode is. This
is a very simple feature. I am very surprised that mailing list software
doesn't support it by now. It would finally get rid of this pointless
munged vs unmunged battle.

MSB

--
Why is TV called a medium?
Because it's neither rare nor well done.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org