Listar (Re: Formal notice)

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Tue Apr 8 11:33:35 PDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 09:14:19 -0400 Seth W.Klein <sk at sethwklein.net> wrote:

> I'd like to respectfully add my voice to that of Steve and the many
> others found by a google search for "reply to considered harmful".
> Please "fix" this "feature" :)

As a matter of fact, the major valid point of the reply-to-harmful text is
that it makes it difficult to not reply on the list. For a technical
mailing list such as lfs-dev, forcing replys on lfs-dev is appropriate.
Messages to which you want replies to another address should not be posted
to lfs-dev in the 1st place. This is exactly what happened here. Ian's
message should not have been on this list. Threads that don't belong on
lfs-dev must not be opened on lfs-dev. It's as simple as that.

MSB

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org